Getting students to school safely is a priority. We offer these helpful winter travel tips.
School delays/closures will be announced and published as noted below:
- Delay or closure information will be posted on the District's main website page, on each school's main website page and on the Weather Information page (under Our District). https://www.nwasco.
- Flashalert (Flashalert.net) will be notified (TV banners - we are listed as North Wasco County Schools) and Flashalert will send a text message (only if you sign up for this service on their site).
- An email will be sent out to all district staff.
- Information will be posted on Twitter (@NWCSD21).
- Information will be posted on Facebook (www.facebook.com/
- Information will be announced on local radio stations (KACI, KODL, KYYT and KIHR).
- An email will be sent to school board members, law enforcement agencies, media, Columbia Gorge ESD, CG Community College, Head Start, Dufur SD and St. Mary's.
- Schools are asked to change their main voice mail message to reflect a delay or closure.When there is a 2 hour delay:
- There will be NO breakfast in the classroom served.
- Elementary schools will start at 9:55 AM.
- Middle School will start at 10:00 AM. (Including Wednesdays)
- The Dalles High School will start at 10:15 AM. (Including Wednesdays)
- Mosier Community School will start at 9:30 AM. Breakfast will not be available in the kitchen.
- Wahtonka Community School will start at 11:00 AM. (New regular start time.)
- Bus Transportation will be adjusted to the delayed start time exactly 2 hours later than their regular pick up time. No double runs will be made.
The next Regular Monthly Meeting of the MCS School Board will be held on TUESDAY, December 18, 2018. Note - this is a change of date.
The meeting will be held in the Mosier Community School Library (1204 1st Ave., Mosier, Oregon), starting at 5:15pm.
The following standing committees of the board have been established for this year:
Board Development Committee
Meets the 1st Thursday of each month, starting at 3:45pm
In January the meeting will be held on Tuesdsay, January 8th, starting at 3:45pm
Contact Bernadine Herlihy
firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information
Meets the 2nd Thursday of each month, excluding
December and May, starting at 5:15pm
The December meeting will be held at 3:45pm on Tursdsay the 13th.
Contact Tom Richardson
Contact Lisa Matthisen
Contact Laura Kahler
Meets the 4th Thursday of the month, excluding
December and March
email@example.com for additional information
Accountability and Performance Monitoring Committee
Contact Thad McCracken
EXPLORE * IMAGINE * EXCEL
Fostering Independent Learning and Citizenship,
In Partnership with and for the Benefit of Our Mosier Community
3:45 PM - 4:30 PM Special Meeting of the MCS Facilities Committee