SCHOOL DELAYS, CLOSURES or EMERGENCIES
For EMERGENCY NOTIFICATIONS that are specific to Mosier Schools, we request that you register on our website. This two step process requires registering and signing in onto the website to provide the information to receive E-Alert emails.Register today!
WE FOLLOW NORTH WASCO COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT WEATHER RELATED CLOSURES.
During periods of inclement weather, delays and/or closures are based upon several factors: weather conditions both current and predicted to occur during the course of the coming day, road conditions/closures, and the ability of the school sites to prepare for the arrival of students for that day.
In the event of a 2 hour delay, school starts at 9:30 AM.
If a school closure is called, all extracurricular travel will also be canceled during that period.School delays/closures will be announced and published as noted below:
- Delay or closure information will be posted on the District's main website page, on each school's main website page and on the Weather Information page (under Our District). https://www.nwasco.
- Flashalert (Flashalert.net) will be notified (TV banners - we are listed as North Wasco County Schools) and Flashalert will send a text message (only if you sign up for this service on their site).
- An email will be sent out to all district staff.
- Information will be posted on Twitter (@NWCSD21).
- Information will be posted on Facebook (www.facebook.com/northwascosc
- Information will be announced on local radio stations (KACI, KODL, KYYT and KIHR).
- An email will be sent to school board members, law enforcement agencies, media, Columbia Gorge ESD, CG Community College, Head Start, Dufur SD and St. Mary's.
When there is a 2 hour delay:
- Schools are asked to change their main voice mail message to reflect a delay or closure.
- There will be NO breakfast in the classroom served.
- Elementary schools will start at 9:55 AM.
- Middle School will start at 10:00 AM. (Including Wednesdays)
- The Dalles High School will start at 10:15 AM. (Including Wednesdays)
- Mosier Community School will start at 9:30 AM. Breakfast will not be available in the kitchen.
- Wahtonka Community School will start at 11:00 AM. (New regular start time.)
- Bus Transportation will be adjusted to the delayed start time exactly 2 hours later than their regular pick up time. No double runs will be made.